Explore these gifts for outdoor dads.
Adventure awaits! Whether Dad’s idea of relaxing outdoors involves hiking deep into the wilderness or simply pulling off at a roadside campground, it’s important to make sure he is properly equipped. Following are our picks for some of the best outdoor products made in America today:
1) Since 1964, Beckel Canvas of Portland, Oregon, has been making tents from the best water- and mildew-resistant canvas available. They look great, and they’re rugged enough for nearly any weather conditions.
2) A true American classic, the Mackinaw Cruiser from Filson of Seattle, Washington, was designed to protect timber cruisers in the woods. One of the thickest, heaviest, and best-looking coats around, this is a true barrier against whatever nature has in store.
3) Built by hand in Duluth, Minnesota, the original Duluth Pack was patented in 1882 and has been the go to bag for generations of wilderness wanderers. Incredibly durable, each bag is guaranteed for life.
4) Built around a Francis Barker survival compass, this handsome wooden compass is a collaboration between designer Joey Roth of Los Angeles, California, and Shwood from Portland, Oregon. Hurry though; the run is limited to 200 pieces.
5) Made from high carbon US steel and Appalachian hickory, the Hudson Bay Axe by Best Made Company is drop forged in Lake Waccamaw, North Carolina, by 4th generation axe makers.
Visit our Outdoor Dads Pinterest board for more ideas to unleash Dad’s inner Mountain Man.